Failing to back up your data leaves your company vulnerable to severe financial losses. Should you lose your data permanently, or fail to restore it at an acceptable speed, your employees will become less productive, your business operations will get derailed, and your customers will lose trust in you.
It’s important to choose the right backup solutions, as they don’t all perform equally well. One strong option comes from Intronis and their cloud-based data backup. There are a number of compelling reasons to go with Intronis for your company.
What are some of the benefits of using Intronis Online Backup?
- Flexibility. You can adjust your Intronis Online Backup plan to fit your business needs, including the types of data you want to back up, where you want them backed up, and your data recovery goals. You have options for backing up your data both on the cloud and locally.
- Security. Intronis Online Backup has powerful security features, including 256-bit encryption and highly protected facilities when you back up your data on the cloud. State-of-the-art security is critical for protecting your data from theft, tampering, and unauthorized exposure. If your organization works in any way with medical patient data, know that Intronis is compliant with HIPAA regulations.
- Dependability. When businesses discover that their data backup measures have failed, it’s a horrifying experience. It often occurs in the aftermath of an IT disaster, when they seek to recover and restore lost data, only to find that their backups are corrupted or otherwise useless. Intronis backs up your data reliably in more than one location, so that even if one of their facilities gets disabled by some kind of outage, your data remains available elsewhere.
- Reduced downtime. Being able to recover your data quickly is key to minimizing losses after an IT disaster. Earlier this year, an article from Information Week Network Computing estimated the costs that downtime extracts from businesses; companies in North America collectively lose hundreds of billions of dollars each year due to downtime. It’s important to note that smaller businesses are especially vulnerable, and can’t always recover from prolonged downtime and permanent loss of data. Whatever backup measures you use, you need to ensure that you can recover your data quickly, with a priority on the data that’s more critical for your business operations.
- Useful for different environments. For example, Intronis supports Hyper-V and VMWare, making their backups applicable to virtual machines.
- High-quality tech support. Their tech support is free and based in the US. They respond quickly and offer clear, effective guidance for any problems you may encounter.
What about alternatives to Intronis? A look at Carbonite
When choosing an online backup solution for their company, Carbonite comes up as an alternative to Intronis. But is it the better choice?
It’s generally better to choose Intronis over Carbonite. With Intronis, it’s easier to manage backups and restoration; centralized management gives you more control and a better idea of what’s going on. Backups tend to be slower on Carbonite, and in some circumstances they’re prone to data loss. Carbonite also doesn’t support network drives, and its sharing features are limited.
Intronis is a popular choice for managed service providers (MSPs) because of its reliability, high-quality security, ease of management, strong performance, and responsive tech support. For companies with a variety of data and high volumes of data, Intronis is the more suitable choice.
What will ultimately work best for you? Don’t hesitate to contact us for specific advice tailored to your company and its needs. Whatever backup solution you ultimately choose, it’s important that you have the option of backing up your data securely on the cloud. High-quality cloud-based backups ensure that you have off-site copies of your data that can get quickly restored should you suffer an IT disaster.